Tuesday, December 31, 2013

goodbye 2013

I'm not quite sure I'm ready to say farewell to 2013 just yet, although I'm not sure why that's the case either. 2013 was an odd year for me to say the least; I felt like there weren't any "milestones" for me this year and it leaves me with this weird feeling in my stomach. I read somewhere that after your high school or college years, everything kind of blurs itself out and the years just go passing by and it felt like this year was the beginning of that where my years just kind of "fly by." Hopefully 2014 will be the year I have a blog, the year I become good at cooking and hooping among other things, and the year I run my first marathon (or better yet the year I get back into running on a daily basis). It would be spectacular if 2014 were the year I move out and learn to live on my own, although I'm not sure I'm quite ready for that yet. Or maybe 2013 was an odd year because I didn't set any goals and I didn't properly say my farewells to 2012 so it eventually started feeling like a dragged out 2012. Maybe it was just because 2013 is an odd number. Who knows?

In one of my previous posts, I mentioned I wasn't going to make plans. I know, I lied. Sorry. It wasn't until very recently where I realized that that's exactly what I did back in December in 2012. I didn't make any plans for 2013, and it turned out horribly for me. So I will be making plans for 2014; I'm a planner, that's just what I do and what I like to do. I like to make plans and make things and have an idea of where I want to be or I just stop doing things one day at a time until I forget what it was I wanted to do in the first place which normally just leaves me feeling empty and lost.

Starting on a new chapter in your life is exciting and having a blog to document it just makes it even better. I'm excited to see where 2014 takes me. I suppose I am ready to say goodbye to 2013 after all; thanks for all that you've taught me 2013, but I think I'm ready to move on to 2014.


I actually got up early this morning and made this list and it's realistic and completely doable.  Yay for realistic goals! I have plans to celebrate new year's eve tonight and to ring in the new year, which I'm excited about because before last year, the extent of my celebrating nye was watching fireworks on television and now I'm out and about doing things! I'll blog all about it later (that's so fun to say).
  • What about you? Are you ready to leave 2013 behind? Will you be making any new year resolutions?
  • Are you celebrating new years eve tonight?

1 comment:

  1. You goal list looks impressive! I think realistic goals are the key to successfully achieving a new years resolution list. Good luck and Happy New Year x

    ReplyDelete