Saturday, December 21, 2013

some acai berry love


After seeing so many acai bowls on my Instagram feed, I was feeling inpsired to make my own. I fell in love with acai bowls the moment I took my first bite out of my acai bowl, which was a few weeks ago. It tasted heavenly; it was also my first time having hemp seeds which are now my new first staple foods. The goji berries (not included in this acai bowl) were also an excellent mix to the combination.



Recipe:

To create the acai base
  • 1 frozen acai berry pack (Sambazon)
  • 1 frozen banana and 1/2 frozen mango
  • 1/4 cup coconut water
  • Blend until you have that thick and creamy texture
Toppings
  • Fruits: sliced kiwi, blackberries, dried banana pieces, blackcurrants
  • Granola (alt. muesli, oatmeal)
  • Hemp and chia seeds
  • Raw cacao nibs
You could also add in other foods for that extra boost! Wheat grass, nutritional yeast, maca powder, nuts (almonds, walnuts, pecans, etc.), flaxseed, yogurt, and the list goes on. 

Here are some benefits to eating acai bowls: Acai berries contain powerful antioxidants such as anthocyanins and flavonoids which help define the body by neutralizing free radicals. Coconut water is a wonderful source for high potassium and mineral content; coconut water is a great source for electrolytes which is good for proper hydration. Nuts are wonderful foods and heart healthy; almonds, in particular, are high in monounsaturated fats, calcium, potassium, iron, and manganese; they also provide dietary protein in the diet.

No comments:

Post a Comment