Friday, January 10, 2014

molly eats

One of my new year goals was to try out more recipes and I'm happy to report that it's been working out so far! I've been spending more time in the kitchen lately and it's been a blast.

  My second batch of cranberry sauce turned out way better than the first one I made it! Probably because I actually followed the instructions this time and added a cup of sugar like it told me to.

It was almost as good as my acai berry bowls, maybe even better. I love how almond butter looks on top of greek yogurt. Don't you think the colors compliment each other?

 
I actually cooked beef, for the first time in my life! Amazing, isn't it? And I didn't poison myself or anything, thank goodness. Ever since I was little, I had this fear of eating meat that wasn't fully cooked so I always stayed away from cooking my own meat which meant I had to go out to eat because I'm really bad at trying to be a vegeterian. And I love lamb too much. But now that I know how to cook beef, who knows what else this year has in store for me. Anyway, you can see the acorn squash beef bowls I made on the right. Everyone loved it, and it's really filling.

 Oh yes, and then I made some sushi rolls with my dad's help. I need to work on making sushi rolls this year, because it's harder than it looks apparently. I also made homemade mayo, which doesn't really taste like mayo and I don't know what to do with that mayo so if anyone has any suggestions, please let me know.

The pumpkin bread I made turned out to be really yummy! (although the coconut oil wouldn't mix so I ended up having lumps of coconut oil in my batter) When I got home after going to the grocery store, I realized I didn't buy a can of pumpkin and felt really stupid, because well... that's the main ingredient. Does that ever happen to anyone or is that just me? But luckily, I bought a can of pumpkin a while back and it was in one of the cabinets. Yay! I put greek yogurt, my cranberry sauce, and a dash of hemp seeds on top - try it, it's really good! I didn't know whether I wanted hot chocolate or tea that morning, so I made both.

Last but not least, I made Thai red curry soup today! I'm not sure if this is how it's suppose to taste, but it's good enough for my first try. Hopefully I'll get better with better, but I'm excited about trying this Thai beef recipe tomorrow after work! It sounds delicious. And Jasmine rice with coconut flavour? Yum. One of my other goals this year is to learn to make Thai food, since it's one of my favorite cuisines. And on the right, you can see my nonbaked sweet potato fries.

Thank goodness for the Internet and the amount of recipes avaliable! (So many exclamation marks because I love food.) My goal is to do one of these food posts every now and then to make sure I'm actually cooking my food and not eating out as much this year, and to share my love for food. Until next time, bon appétit!
  • How is 2014 going for you so far?
  • Do you have any favorite recipes? Have you tried any new recipes so far that you would like to share? (I would love to try them.)

No comments:

Post a Comment