Tuesday, February 11, 2014

new year new attitude


Cheers to one of the best days since this year started; I'm really proud of how I handled myself today. I overslept for my psych class this morning and it made me feel horrible. I don't like skipping class unless I have a good reason to; it just leaves a bad taste in my mouth. So this morning wasn't the greatest, but I managed to get myself to school by noon anyway despite not having another class until 4 PM so I could get work done.

Did I get work done? Yes, a lot of it in fact. I finished reading one of my chapters, designed a handout template (which I've been procrastinating on for months now), and typed a three page informational handout on B vitamins. I finally know all my vitamins and minerals! Which is just an amazing feeling, because it's that one thing I've been avoiding to learn for the longest time because I thought "there's so many vitamins and minerals to learn, how am I going to learn them all?" My solution? Avoid thinking about it, at all costs. But I learned a lot these past two weeks about all these micronutrients.

And the most important thing I learned this year is that you just have to do things, whether you feel "ready" to or not. Avoiding them won't get you any further. It won't make the task at hand disappear. It always gets easier once you get started on said thing. I never had an incident where that wasn't the case. You will never be ready. The perfect time to start will never come. You just have to start. Start somewhere anywhere and keep going. Even when you feel like you aren't making any (or that much) progress because you are which brings me to my next point.

Everyone starts somewhere. People are successful because they kept going and didn't give up, even when they had roadbumps along the way. Becuase everyone has roadbumps. That's something they didn't teach me in high school. But you keep going.

 I don't want to be one of those people who stop because of a bump or two along the way, or even a hundred roadbumps. Have I been reading too many inspirational blog posts lately? Maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment