Tuesday, March 4, 2014

exciting news! // college edition

Happy National Pancake Day!
I don't actually know how to make pancakes, ...so I made toast instead.
It's basically the same thing, right? Kind of? Well, anywhooo, my friend bought this ricotta cheese spread from Trader Joe's which I tried the last time I was over at her place and it was so good I just had to get a tub of it on Sunday.

Onto the exciting news I wanted to share with you all, it turns out that I'm graduating with not one, but two associate degrees! One is in Liberal Natural Sciences and the second one in Social Sciences (or Liberal Arts Behavioral Science if I can't get a class sub'd.) Which is really great considering that I legitimately wanted to quit college altogether last year due to the high amount of stress I was putting on myself. (...some things don't ever change.)

The counselor that helped me out today was so nice and it was just really refreshing and lovely. I've met a fair share of counselors who haven't been that helpful and were actually kind of intimidating, and while I'm sure that wasn't their intention, I wouldn't really want to go see them again.

It hasn't actually sunk in for me yet, but there are some serious upsides to this:
  • All the work I'm putting into this semester is going to pay off (because having six classes, an online program, and trying to maintain good health isn't easy). And the best part is it's already March!!! which basically feels like I'm halfway through. :)
  •  I actually went back to college this semester - I know I said I would do it, but saying you'll do something and actually doing it are two very different things. So I'm really proud of myself, like extremely proud, because I was such an emotional wreck last year.
  • I'm going to let myself relax this summer, and also eat a lot of cake because my friend promised she would buy me a cake after this is all over. (I will literally be more than happy to devour all that cake by myself.)
This means that after May, I'm done with community college.

That also means I can start finding a job after that's all done!
Also really excited to work on my fitness goals and ebook this summer.

How is your week going?

1 comment:

  1. Congrats!! That's really exciting and I'm glad to hear that all your hard work is paying off! ;) You totally deserve to relax this summer!

    ReplyDelete