Monday, January 13, 2014

lettuce wraps and leftovers

Lettuce wraps and leftovers. It's my new favorite thing.
The idea first came to me last Friday after I came back from my run; by the time I finished showering, my stomach was making noises at me. So I looked in the kitchen to see what I could quickly whip up. Normally I would do some cereal breakfasty like, but I was out of granola, so that was a no go. Then I saw the egg carton and saw that I still had some leftover ground beef, so I did a quick stir fry and use romaine lettuce to make three lettuce wraps. And let me tell you, it was amazing.

So when I woke up this morning, I knew what I wanted. More lettuce wraps, but with guacamole this time. (It was a good choice.) I wish I had some cayenne pepper to go with it, but that's okay.
 
 This is also a really great idea for me because I've always been bad with a. using/eating all my vegetables that I buy and b. eating my leftovers. I'm pretty sure 99% of my leftovers go bad; I'm working on changing my habits on that.
  • What have you been eating lately?
  • Do you have any favorite foods to put on lettuce wraps?

No comments:

Post a Comment