Thursday, January 30, 2014

geometric shapes and dummy text

Today was my first offical day of my Intro to Adobe Indesign and Illutrastor! 
They're two different classes, so I'm in class from 4 pm to 9:30 pm but I'm sure it's going to be a really fun semester and time is going to go by so fast and I'll wish I had more time to spend on my projects and assignments.


This semester is going to be really basic (since it's an introduction course), but that's okay with me because it means I get more time to play around with the functions and everything. I never thought I would be taking a graphics art class; I'm not nit picky enough to be a graphic designer. And my heart would sink if all my progress were to suddenly be gone due to computer issues and me not saving my work (because apparently that happens a lot).


Anyway, this is what I ended up making in class today! (I really like it.)
I went "outside the box" because my professor said that's one of the benefits of Illustrator 
plus it looks kind of cool this way.
  • I'm really into gradients (if you couldn't tell.)
  • I'm also really into having borders that match the filling.
  • Oh yeah, and I placed dummy text everywhere.
  • I actually learned a lot today despite tuning out during half of the 2nd class.
    (I learned how to zoom in and out in five different ways, a lot of keyboard shortcuts, gradients for everything but more importantly being patient enough to work with gradients, etc. Also I love working with opacity levels!! So much fun.)
Also the professor is really laid back and nice which is a big plus! I wish I thought of taking graphic design classes sooner because then I could work toward getting a certificate. And one of my goals this semester is to get to know my classmates, which means going out of my comfort zone and talking to them (which I am really bad at).

No comments:

Post a Comment