Friday, February 14, 2014

becoming a young adult

What does it mean to become a young adult? Does it mean living on your own, graduating from college, getting a job, taking on more responsibilities, etc.? Apparently there is even a step by step guide out there. I mean those are some really good tips, don't get me wrong. I guess I'm just not ready to becoming a young adult  But no one really is ever fully prepared for anything in life, are they? (Or maybe that's just me.)

This morning, I just feel stress. And lots of it. When I first decided to take so many classes, I thought "well I have to make up for lost time," "if other people can do it, so can I," and "it's really not that much." Turns out, it really is that much. And maybe in the process of signing up for these classes, I knew that in the back of my mind and just didn't want to believe it.

I'm 20 years old and I don't know how to balance my life, deal with stress, or apparently know how to use a ruler.

How do people do it? I'm stressed out to the point where I am stressing out about being stressed out, and I've been trying to calm myself down since last night but it just seems to stress me out even more to think about all this stress. Are you tired of reading the word stress yet? (...stress)

My life is always on one extreme or the other - either I'm doing too much I get burnout or I don't do enough so I get bored. I haven't found my happy medium yet, and that's kind of scary.

I'm scared, and sometimes it's comforting to know that there are other people out there who are scared too. And I'm not alone in this. Because I have no idea what I'm doing with my life, and it's scaring the living crap out of me.

In the end, your life is your own journey and it is what you make of it. Deep down, I probably know what I want to do with my life if I really thought about it. (No, it's not living in a van.) What a scary thought to actually live your dream and to have other people tell me it's not "practical." Well what is practical anyway?

My thoughts are all jumbled, kind of like my life right okay.

So I just wanted to tell you in case you're stressed out, you're not alone and you'll be fine. Everything always turns out to be okay in the end, doesn't it?

Cheers to those of us who don't know what the hell we're doing, especially when it seems like everyone around does us.

P.S. I fixed the stretch/horizontal scroll bar on my page! (That thing was drivig me crazy.)

2 comments:

  1. I relate to this more than you know. I dread when people ask me what I want to do with my degree and when I mess up the simplest task (like using a ruler) I feel so childish! Hang in there, I believe in you :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the support Meg! ^_^ (Sorry for the super late reply!)

      Delete