Thursday, February 6, 2014

zumba kicked my butt this morning


     

I almost didn't make it out of bed today. The next bed I'm going to have is going to be close to the ground, preferably a single mattress, because I like to "roll out of bed." If my legs can't touch the floor, I'm probably not getting out of bed. Not even when my alarm clocks rings every five minutes for half an hour.

The good news is - I did get out of bed this morning! The other good news is - it rained last night! I use to hate the rain, but California is in a drought right now and I feel really dry all the time and it just doesn't feel that good. Plus I need my car washed.

I get to the gym and I'm twenty minutes early so I decided to warm and stretch a bit. During the first ten minutes of class, I wasn't really feeling it because everything felt kind of dry (like how it does when you're in Vegas). As we were dancing and moving to each new song, I started getting into the mood and I was having so much fun that I didn't even look at the clock until almost the end of class. 

Our instructor had a lot of energy and even towards the end she looked like she could do another two hours of this. You know when you do something for a really long time and then you start to not really know what you're doing anymore? That was me during the last fifteen minutes of class; my legs were moving, but my movements did not match up with hers. At all. But that's okay! The point of the class for me is to have fun and move, and that's what I did.

Also, I had a Sofritas Chipotle bowl afterward (which is one of my favorite things to eat after exercising.) Actually, I like eating Chipotle whenever. But it's especially good after exercising. Thank you endorphins for always putting me in a good mood.

2 comments:

  1. I still haven't tried a Zumba class, I really need to!

    http://www.melindadiorio.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, group classes are so fun because you're exercising with other people!

      Delete